Advocate, teacher, and immigrant to the United States, Patricia Cruz Fragoso is pleased to be able to help navigate her clients through the civil justice system, relate to them in their own language, and to be their voice in court. Although not born in Danbury, Fragoso was raised in and educated through high school in Danbury, Conn. Fragoso is involved in every aspect of her clients’ cases, from listening to their concerns and completing forms during their first office visit to pretrial investigations and jury trials. Fragoso has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers each year since 2012.
Fragoso speaks Portuguese, Spanish and French.
In many cases, the fairest outcome is the one returned by a jury of local citizens. In one of Fragoso’s cases, the insurance offered $40,000 to her client. The case was tried to a jury, which resulted in a $203,107 verdict for her client. The case eventually settled for a still-larger sum, $225,710.
In another case, the insurance company offered $30,000 to Fragoso’s client before trial. The case was tried to a jury, which returned a $249,754 verdict.
Fragoso most recently led her trial team in a multi-trauma motor vehicle crash case, which resolved just short of trial for $5.75 million.
- The Connecticut Law Tribune as a “New Leader in the Law for 2013.”
- “Top 40 under 40” personal injury attorney by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
- 2013 “American Dream” award from the Danbury Bar Association, a distinction given to a foreign-born citizen who has contributed to the civic discourse and respect for the rules of law in the community.
- J.D., cum laude, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Law Review, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- B.A., English & French Literature, Catholic University of Portugal
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Distinguished Justice Advocates, Charter Member
- American Association for Justice, Board of Governor
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors & Executive Committee
- American Bar Association
- National Latino Trial Lawyer Association
- Danbury Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, House of Delegates, District 4 & Nominating Committee
- Portuguese Bar Association of Connecticut, Founding Member
Publications and presentations
- “Abigail Alliance for Better to Development Drugs v. Von Eschenbach: Is There a Right to Live,” 25–2 T. M. Cooley L. Rev. 347 (2009)