Augie J. Ribeiro serves as the Chief Executive Officer of Ventura Law. Ribeiro leads the law firm dedicated to compassionate service and community participation, while focusing on protecting the rights of individuals in civil matters across the United States.
Attorney Ribeiro has successfully represented over 5,000 clients in the Civil Justice System. He speaks fluent Spanish and Portuguese.
Attorney Ribeiro was named “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers Association. He is also a member of the Leader’s Forum, a select group of attorneys recognized by the American Association of Justice. He was elected by his peers to the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and was appointed by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Connecticut to serve on the State’s Civil Commission which oversees the State’s Civil Justice System.
Attorney Ribeiro was born in New York City to immigrant parents. He joined the law firm of Americo S. Ventura in 1989. In 1992, Attorney Ribeiro opened a branch office in the World Trade Center in New York City, where he concentrated in Federal Court litigation. After September 11, 2001, Attorney Ribeiro and the law firm represented, pro bono, victims of the World Trade Center disaster, and were nationally honored for their volunteer efforts in this regard. Since 2010, he has represented individuals, businesses, and cities in the State of Florida for the BP Oil Spill environmental disaster. He has also been recognized for his successful representation of those injured by General Motors’s ignition switch defects. He currently represents hundreds of individuals nationwide against international pharmaceutical companies.
Born in New York City to immigrant parents, he is a fluent Portuguese and Spanish speaker.
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers,” National Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Governors, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- “Top Newsmaker,” Danbury Newstimes
- “City Leader,” Danbury Newstimes
- J.D., New York Law School
- B.A., College of William and Mary
- New York
- U.S. Federal Courts
- American Bar Association’s “Trial” Magazine: “Mediation and Issues of Secrecy and Confidentiality and Sexual Abuse Cases”, 2014
- American Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Group
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Portuguese Bar Association, Founder