Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Serving Injured Bikers Throughout Connecticut and New York
Tragically, thousands of bikers get injured or are killed in Connecticut and New York every year — and more often or not, another driver is at fault.
Motorcycles are legitimate and lawful vehicles. Bikers have the same right to use the roads as any other motorist. But car and truck drivers don’t always afford bikers the respect and care they deserve.
Careless, inattentive, or aggressive driving can cost bikers their lives. Those who survive often suffer serious injuries, followed by staggering medical bills, time away from work, and intense emotional distress.
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a motorcycle accident in Connecticut or New York as a result of someone else’s careless driving, you may be entitled to recover financial compensation from the driver’s insurance company.
But motorcycle accident claims can be complex, and insurance companies can make it difficult to get the compensation you deserve on your own.
Those insurance companies care about just one thing: their own bottom line. They’ll work hard to pay you as little as possible, no matter how legitimate your claim may be. And because the insurers have so much money, experience, and legal support on their side, facing them by yourself can be a real challenge.
That’s where we come in.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Ventura Law have spent years fighting for the rights of injured motorcyclists and their families.
We have a strong track record in this area, having taken on some of the biggest insurance companies in the world in order to demand the full and fair compensation our clients deserve.
Our experienced legal team is here to guide you through every part of the motorcycle injury claims process, looking out for you and your best interests at every turn.
We understand how difficult and aggressive the insurance companies can be, but we also understand what it takes to hold them accountable and fight for your rights under the law.
Let us put our experience and strategies on your side. Our law firm fights to maximize compensation for motorcycle accident claims. We’d like to fight for you.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
- Get to safety. If possible, move your motorcycle off the roadway. Get as far away from oncoming traffic as possible.
- Call law enforcement. Report the accident right away. It is illegal to leave the scene of an accident before notifying police. Stay put and cooperate. If anyone is hurt, call 911 immediately.
- Take photographs. Pictures can play a pivotal role in motorcycle injury claims. The more photographs you take at the scene of the crash, the better. Detailed imagery, captured from a variety of distances and angles, can help.
- Talk to witnesses. Get full names and contact information for anyone who saw the accident happen.
- Exchange insurance information. Try to get insurance info for every driver involved in the accident before you leave the scene. The responding police officer might be able to help with this exchange.
- Seek medical attention. Even if the accident wasn’t serious enough to require 911, you should still be examined by a licensed physician as soon as possible. Having a documented doctor’s visit soon after the accident may prove important to your claim later. It’s also the only way to know whether you have been hurt, as injuries are not always immediately apparent.
- Talk to our motorcycle accident lawyers. You should expect that the insurance company is working aggressively to build a defense against your claim — before you even file one. They may already be gathering photographs, witness statements, and other evidence. The sooner you get a law firm on your side, the more effective your attorneys can be in building a case and guarding you against the insurance company. Ventura Law is here to help.
Do You Need a Lawyer After a Motorcycle Accident?
While there is no legal requirement that you hire an attorney, you should understand the challenge you’re up against without one.
Personal injury law is a complex, sophisticated subject. The insurance companies have much more experience in this area than you do, and they are not on your side.
Because motorcycle accidents tend to be so serious, the insurance companies are typically quite aggressive in defending themselves against these potentially costly claims.
For this reason, you should not accept an insurance settlement after a motorcycle accident without talking to an attorney first.
Accepting the offer means you’ll never be able to claim additional compensation for your accident — even though you might be entitled to much more. Motorcycle injuries sometimes get worse over the course of weeks, months, or years. Don’t deny yourself the opportunity to get the money you might need later on.
It is imperative that you fully understand your rights before making any decisions that could affect your future. A lawyer can talk to you about the wisest time table and strategy for taking action on your claim.
Studies have consistently shown that accident victims who have legal representation generally recover more money from their claim than those who do not. Hiring the right lawyer can make all the difference. The motorcycle accident lawyers at Ventura Law are here to help.
What Does a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Do?
A motorcycle accident attorney is someone who handles every aspect of your claim for you, giving you good advice and advocating for your rights along the way. At Ventura Law, we focus on fighting for maximum financial compensation wherever possible.
We want our clients to rest easy in the knowledge that they have an experienced, passionate professional standing by them — someone who cares as much about the outcome as you do, someone who understands that every penny counts.
As motorcycle accident lawyers, we can help you:
- Assess your options,
- Understand the potential value of your damages, and
- Avoid common pitfalls (because mistakes are easy to make on your own).
We can also work with expert witnesses and other specialists to fully investigate your accident: how it happened, who is at fault, and the full scope of the damages it might have caused.
We also deal with the insurance company so that you don’t have to. It is our job to persuade the insurance adjustor to offer you a full and fair settlement. In the overwhelming majority of our cases, we have been able to do just that. If the insurance company refuses to negotiate reasonably, however, we are prepared to take your claim to trial.
In fact, we make sure the insurance company understands that we are preparing your claim for trial from day one — a fact that has often motivated insurance adjustors to negotiate more reasonably.
We may even be able to help with arrangements to delay your medical bills until after your claim resolves. After all, you shouldn’t be expected to pay out of pocket for a motorcycle accident that someone else caused.
We encourage you to schedule a consultation with our office to learn more about how we can help.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
Too often, motorcycle accidents happen because other drivers don’t know enough about how motorcycles work — or they simply forget to look for them.
They might think of motorcycles as a nuisance, or they might not understand that bikers have a right to use the roads.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers include:
- Failing to look for motorcycles at stop signs or intersections
- Making dangerous left-hand turns into the path of motorcycles
- Opening parked car doors into the path of an oncoming motorcycle
- Sideswiping motorcycles when making hasty lane changes
- Driving recklessly or aggressively around motorcycles
Of course, ordinary driver negligence can pose a threat to bikers too: speeding, tailgating, texting while driving, improper vehicle maintenance, drunk driving, etc.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Ventura Law can help you determine what caused your accident and who is liable — and then take action accordingly.
How Long Do You Have to Contact a Lawyer After a Motorcycle Accident?
It is important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Here’s why:
- Motorcycle accident claims are subject to a strict statute of limitations. Failure to take action within that time frame will make it impossible for you claim compensation in the future.
- It’s easy to make mistakes after an accident, especially in the early stages when you don’t yet have an attorney. The things you say or do (or don’t do) can have a critical impact on your claim. The sooner you have an attorney guiding and protecting you, the better.
- Personal injury claims take time to prepare. It’s in your best interest to give your attorney plenty of time to investigate your accident and engage the insurance company in strategic negotiations. Ideally, that process will begin long before the statute of limitations expires.
At Ventura Law, we are pleased to offer confidential consultations at no cost and with no obligation. It’s your chance to talk with our motorcycle accident lawyers soon after your accident — even if you haven’t yet decided whether legal action is right for you.
How Much Does a Lawyer Charge for a Motorcycle Accident Case?
Ventura Law is proud to offer motorcycle accident victims a contingency fee arrangement, which means you don’t have to pay us anything unless we recover compensation for you.
If we do get you money, our fee will only be a percentage of your recovery.
We also offer contingency fee arrangements for wrongful death claims.
It is our belief that no one should have to pay out of pocket to get justice for an accident that someone else caused. Our motorcycle accident lawyers are committed to making legal representation affordable for anyone. You can hire our office at no risk and with no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. There is truly nothing to lose.
Benefits of Hiring Ventura Law to Handle My Motorcycle Accident Claim
Ventura Law is an experienced personal injury law firm that fights to maximize compensation for injured bikers and grieving families throughout the state of Connecticut and New York.
We get to know our clients. We understand that the outcome of your claim means everything and that you deserve an attorney who will treat your case like the incredibly important and pressing legal matter that it is.
We answer your questions. We answer emails. We answer the phone. We speak your language — whether it’s English, Spanish, Portuguese, or French. At Ventura Law, you will find a law firm that respects you, values your time, and gives you the personalized attention you deserve.
Our law firm is comprised of more than a dozen seasoned, experienced attorneys with many years of experience and a long record of success.
We fight to get our clients the comprehensive compensation they deserve. We are proud to have recovered millions of dollars for accident victims in the past. We believe in our clients and fight for them accordingly.
To learn more about your options or to take your first steps, contact our office and schedule a confidential, no-cost, no-obligation legal consultation with our motorcycle accident lawyers today. Consultations are available in person or over the phone. Call 203.800.8000 or contact us online.