Attorney Leah Walsh has been practicing with Ventura, Ribeiro & Smith since 2011, and she currently serves as the firm’s Chief Operating Officer. As the COO, in addition to handling a selected caseload, she is responsible for overseeing the general operations of the firm, and for working with all of the firm’s practice areas to develop and realize the firm’s strategic vision and goals.
Prior to being appointed as the Chief Operating Officer, Attorney Walsh developed and managed the firm’s Mass Torts/Complex Litigation department. In that capacity, she actively litigated a number of complex pharmaceutical and medical device cases, including representing victims of the BP Oil Spill and those who suffered
Leah F. Walsh believes that the U.S. legal system works best when the courts are available to uphold everyone’s right to safe consumer products, competent medical care, and a clean environment. Individual participation in the legal system is often the best and sometimes the only means of securing justice against large corporations that have carelessly caused catastrophic harm.
In addition to her civil litigation caseload, Walsh is Ventura Law’s chief operating officer, responsible for overseeing the general operations of the firm. She takes pride in helping to advance the firm’s mission to address each client’s unique needs with understanding and compassion, so that they leave her office reassured that everything will be fairly resolved through the legal process.
Walsh speaks Spanish and French.
- In re BP Oil Spill by the Oil Rig Deepwater Horizon, MDL 2179 (U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana)
- In re Fresenius Granuflo/Naturalyte Dialysate Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2428 (U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts)
- In re Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2545 (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois)
- Jochimsen, et al vs. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (daVinci Robotic Litigation) Case No. 1422-CC00823 (Missouri Circuit Court, Twenty-Second Judicial Circuit)
- In re General Motors LLC Ignition Switch Litigation, MDL No. 2573 (U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York)
- In re Viagra Melanoma Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2691 (U.S. District Court, Northern District of California)
- In re Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2592 (U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana)
Work in the community
- Housatonic Habitat for Humanity, Board of Advisors
- “Client Distinction Award,” Martindale-Hubbell, 2014–2016
- “Top Trial Lawyers,” The National Trial Lawyers, 2014–2016
- “Top 10 Under Forty,” National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2015
- J.D., summa cum laude, Western State University College of Law
- B.A., Sociology & Anthropology, University of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Greater Danbury Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Women En Masse
Publications and presentations
- “Lessons From the Doctors: How to Identify & Prove Head Injuries, Emotional Distress & Chronic Pain Through Expert Testimony,” Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- “Status of General Motors Ignition Switch Litigation,” Personal Injury, Legal Marketing and Management Association (PILMMA), 2014
- “DaVinci Robotic Surgery Litigation,” Mass Torts Made Perfect – Las Vegas, NV, 2014
- “Litigating DaVinci Robotic Surgery Cases,” Personal Injury, Legal Marketing and Management Association (PILMMA), 2013