A fluent speaker of Spanish and Portuguese, Rute Mendes Caetano believes it is important to be able to speak to her clients in their native language.
"Knowing my client is more at ease while speaking to me directly about their case brings great peace of mind,” Caetano says. She values the time she spends each day addressing and helping resolve the issues that her clients face.
An accomplished personal injury attorney, Caetano was recognized by in 2013 as a "Top 40 Under 40" personal injury lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
Caetano has a Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating, their highest rating for legal ability and legal ethics.
Caetano's practice is dedicated to representing personal injury victims. In addition, she frequently represents victims in sexual assault and molestation cases in the local criminal Courts. Caetano received a Pro Bono Award from the Danbury Bar Association for her work representing victims of crime.
Work in the community
- Recipient, Pro Bono Award from the Danbury Bar Association, 2012
- Portuguese Cultural Center, Danbury, Conn., Past Vice-President and Past President Board of Trustees
- Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut, Board of Directors
- Western Connecticut State University Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- J.D., New England School of Law, Boston
- B.S., Western Connecticut State University
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Danbury Bar Association
- Portuguese Bar Association of Connecticut, Founding Member
- Danbury Women's Business Council
- Women's Center, Member
Publications and presentations
Caetano has been a seminar presenter for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.