Rute Mendes Caetano, Esq.
Rute Mendes Caetano believes it is important to be able to speak to her clients in their native language.
A fluent speaker of Spanish and Portuguese
“Knowing my client is more at ease and comfortable speaking to me about their case in their native language brings me great peace of mind,” Caetano says. Born in Portugal, Rute immigrated to Danbury at a young age where and has a true appreciation for dealing with English as a second language. She values the time she spends each day addressing and helping resolve the issues that her clients face.
Rute’s practice is dedicated to representing personal injury victims. In addition, she frequently represents victims in sexual assault cases in the local criminal Courts. Caetano received a Pro Bono Award from the Danbury Bar Association for her work representing victims of crime.
Work in the community
- Connecticut Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Recipient, Pro Bono Award from the Danbury Bar Association, 2012
- Portuguese Cultural Center, Danbury, Conn., Past Vice-President and Past President Board of Trustees, Member Board of Trustees
- Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut, Past Board of Directors
- Western Connecticut State University Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- J.D., New England School of Law, Boston
- B.S., Western Connecticut State University
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Danbury Bar Association
- Portuguese Bar Association of Connecticut, Founding Member
- Portuguese American Bar Association, Founding Member
- Danbury Women’s Business Council
- Women’s Center, Member
Publications and presentations
Caetano has been a seminar presenter for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.