Edwin Camacho, Esq
Attorney Edwin Camacho began his legal career as Visiting Attorney Fellow with the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund, Inc., a civil rights litigation firm in New York City.
Thereafter, he served as staff attorney for Phoenix Legal Services, Phoenix, AZ, and later Senior Attorney, and then Administrative Law Judge for the New York State Division of Parole, Albany, NY.
Attorney Camacho entered the private practice of law as a criminal defense, civil and personal injury litigation attorney in Bronx, NY, before joining Hunter & Associates, an insurance defense firm, in New York City.
After a brief stint as partner for a general practice law firm in Ossining, NY, established Camacho Law Offices, a personal injury, civil, family and criminal litigation law firm, in Norwalk. Attorney Camacho is excited to join the Ventura Law legal team.
Ed is fluent in Spanish.
- Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts, 1979
- Juris Doctor, Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, 1983
- New York, 1984
- Connecticut, 1996
- U.S. District Court SDNY, 1996
- U.S. District Court EDNY, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2011
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS
- Chairman, Norwalk Democratic Town Committee
- Board Member, Norwalk Board of Estimate and Taxation
- Board Member, Norwalk Fair Housing Commission, 2013-2014
- Board Member/Vice-Chair/Chairman/Attorney/Agent, South Norwalk Community Center, 2013-2015
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- CT Hispanic Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association