Joanna Ramirez Haddad was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico. She is a Connecticut admitted attorney whose competencies include knowledge and practice in civil law and common law jurisdictions, including Puerto Rico. Other competent areas of practice include plaintiff and defense personal injury and premises liability litigation, workers’ compensation, family law, criminal defense, probate law, and immigration representation.
Joanna Ramirez Haddad has a BA in English from the Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico. She completed her Juris Doctor in Puerto Rico at Facultad de Derecho Eugenio Maria de Hostos, and then went on to obtain her LLM in Insurance Law from the University of Connecticut School of Law. She has been admitted to the Connecticut Bar since 2002.
- LLM, University of Connecticut School of Law
- J.D., Facultad de Derecho Eugenio Maria de Hostos
- B.A., English Major, Magna Cum Laude, Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico
- Fluent in English & Spanish
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- GBBA (Greater Bridgeport Bar Association), Board Member
- CHBA (Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association), Member
- CBA (Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- CTLA (Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association), Member
Publications and presentations
- Joanna was recently featured in “Best of Fairfield County 2020 Profile Series” as a solo practitioner.
Additional Educational Coursework
- Center of International Studies Jose Ortega & Gassett Foundation, Toledo, Spain. Courses included: Law, Art, and Literature & Law and the Democratic Society in Spain.